Error event ID 6482 is logging every minute on your Sharepoint Servers.
"Event Type: Error
Event Source: Office SharePoint Server
Event Category: Office Server Shared Services
Event ID: 6482
Computer: Server Name
Application Server Administration job failed for service instance Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchServiceInstance (GUID).
Reason: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.
Technical Support Details: etc etc"
- Stop the Office SharePoint Services Search service (net stop osearch)
- Download and install the IIS 6.0 Resource Kit Tools.
On each server in the farm that has Office SharePoint 2007 installed, follow these steps:
- Launch a cmd prompt
- Drill to C:\Program Files\IIS Resources\SelfSSL)
- Type selfssl /s:951338967 /v:1000, and then press ENTER.
For 64 bit, 951338967 is the default ID of the Office Server Web Services certificate.
For 32 bit, 1720207907 is the default ID of the Office Server Web Services certificate. You can check the ID of Office Server Web Services from IIS.
1000 is the number of days that the certification will be valid.
You need to execute the selfssl command on each MOSS Server in the farm which is running a "Office Server Web Services" site.
- Start the Office SharePoint Services Search service (net start osearch)
- Download and install the following update to the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and apply 959209 update